- ABOUT US
Michael C. Archer
Departments of Nutritional Sciences
and Department of Medical Biophysics
Program in Food Safety, Nutrition and Regulatory Affairs
- Department of Nutritional Sciences
Department of Medical Biophysics
- 1965 M.A. University of Cambridge, in Chemistry
- 1967 M.Sc. University of Warwick, in Molecular Enzymology
- 1970 Ph.D. University of Toronto, in Biochemistry
- 1989 D.Sc. University of Warwick
- 1974 Future Leader Award, International Life Sciences Institute (ILSI)
- 1977 Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (London)
- 1977-82 National Institutes of Health Research Career Development Award
- 1994-04 Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Research Chair in Nutritional
- Society of Toxicology
- Society of Toxicology of Canada
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Society for Nutrition
- Canadian Society for Nutritional Sciences
- Role of dietary factors and susceptibility genes in cancer development;
- Kathryn Hopperton
Lau, D.S.Y. and Archer, M.C. The 10t,12c isomer of conjugated linoleic acid inhibits fatty acid synthase expression and enzyme activity in human breast, colon and prostate cancer cells. Nutrition and Cancer, 62, 1-6, 2010.
- Lu, S., and Archer, M.C. Sp1 coordinately regulates de novo lipogenesis and proliferation in cancer cells. Int. J. Cancer, 126, 416-425, 2010.
- McNamara, E. and Archer, M.C.. Ezetimibe reverses the inhibitory effects of dietary cholesterol on mammary tumorigenesis. Int. J. Cancer, 127, 791-795, 2010.
- Giovannucci, E., Harlan, D.M., Archer, M.C.., Bergenstal, R.M., Habel, L.A., Pollack, M., Regensteiner, J.G., and Yee, D. Diabetes and cancer: A consensus report. Diabetes Care, 33, 1-12, 2010, and CA Cancer J. Clin.60, 207-221, 2010.
- Saati, G.E. and Archer, M.C.. Inhibition of fatty acid synthase and Sp1 expression by 3,3’-diindolylmethane in human breast cancer cells. Nutrition and Cancer, 63, 790-794, 2011.
Department of Nutritional Sciences
Faculty of Medicine
University of Toronto
150 College Street, Room 146
Toronto, ON, Canada