- ABOUT US
Tony A. Cohn, M.B., Ch.B., M.Sc., FRCP(C)
Departments of Psychiatry
and Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto
Ph: 416.535.8501 ext. 2573
- Metabolic disturbances associated with schizophrenia and with
- Faulkner G, Cohn T, Remington G. Interventions to reduce weight gain in schizophrenia. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2007, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD005148. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD005148.pub2.
- Faulkner,G., Cohn T., & Remington,G.,(2007) Interventions to reduce weight gain in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bull. 333 654-6.
- Faulkner, G,. Gorczynski, P. & Cohn, T. (2009) Psychiatric illness and obesity: recognizing the "obesogenic" nature of an inpatient psychiatric setting. Psychiatric Services; 60:4 538-41.
- Gorczynski P, Faulkner G, Greening S, Cohn T. Exploring the construct validity of the transtheoretical model to structure physical activity interventions for individuals with serious mental illness. Psychiatr Rehabil J. 2010 Summer;34(1):61-4.
- Hahn MK, Cohn T, Remington G. Comment: Efficacy of metformin and topiramate in prevention and treatment of second-generation antipsychotic-induced weight gain. Ann Pharmacother. 2010 Jul-Aug;44(7-8):1349-50; author reply 1350-1.
- Cohn T, Grant S, Faulkner GE. Schizophrenia and obesity: addressing obesogenic environments in mental health settings. Schizophr Res. 2010 Aug;121(1-3):277-8. Epub 2010 Jun 12.
- Arbour-Nicitopoulos KP, Faulkner GE, Cohn TA. Body image in individuals with schizophrenia: examination of the B-WISE questionnaire. Schizophr Res. 2010 May;118(1-3):307-8. Epub 2010 Feb 25.
- Callaghan R, Cohn T. Schizophrenia and the incidence of cardiovascular morbidity: A population-based longitudinal study in Ontario, Canada. Schizophrenia Research Accepted or in press refereed papers.
- Hahn M, Remington G, Cohn T. Topiramate Augmentation in Clozapine-Treated Patients with Schizophrenia: Clinical and Metabolic Effects. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology Published contributions to a collective work and book chapters.
- Cohn T. Obesity and Schizophrenia. Medical Illness in Schizophrenia Second Edition, edited by Meyer, J and Nasrallah, H. 2009 American Psychiatric Publishing. Inc 12. Ganguli R, Cohn T, Faulkner G. Behavioral Treatments for Weight Management in Schizophrenia. Medical Illness in Schizophrenia Second Edition, edited by Meyer, J and Nasrallah, H. 2009 American Psychiatric Publishing. Inc.
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
1001 Queen Street W.