- ABOUT US
Brian McCrindle, MD, MPH, FRCP(C), FACC
Departments of Paediatrics and Nutritional Sciences
Staff Cardiologist & Section Head of Epidemiology Cardiology
The Hospital for Sick Children
- Department of Paediatrics and Department of Nutritional Sciences
- Clinical aspects of lipid disorders and cardiovascular risk factors assessment and intervention, clinical trials; Cardiologic aspects of Kawasaki disease, particularly assessment and intervention for cardiovascular risk; An evidence-based approach to common paediatric cardiovascular disorders and complaints; Psychosocial, neurodevelopmental and quality of life aspects relevant to paediatric cardiology; Outcomes assessment of congenital heart disease and interventions, both in children and adults.
- Newburger JW, Sleeper LA, McCrindle BW, Minich LL, Gersony W, Vetter VL, Atz AM, Li JS, Takahashi M, Baker AL, Colan SD, Mitchell PD, Klein GL, Sundel RP for the Pediatric Heart Network Investigators: Randomized trial of pulse steroid therapy for primary treatment of Kawasaki disease. New Engl J Med 2007 February 15; 356(7):663-675.
- McCrindle BW, Li JS, Minich LL, Colan SD, Atz AM, Takahashi M, Vetter VL, Gersony WM, Mitchell PD, Newburger JW, for the Pediatric Heart Network Investigators: Coronary artery involvement in children with Kawasaki disease: risk factors from analysis of serial normalized measurements. Circulation 2007 July 10;116(2):174-179.
- McCrindle BW, Williams RV, Mitchell PD, Hsu DT, Paridon SM, Atz AM, Li JS, Newburger JW, for the Pediatric Heart Network Investigators: The relationship of patient and medical characteristics to health status in children and adolescents after the Fontan procedure. Circulation 2006 February; 28(113):1123-1129.
- Yetman AT, McCrindle BW, MacDonald C, Freedom RM, Gow RM: Myocardial bridging in children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy-a risk factor for sudden death. New Engl J Med 1998; 339:1201-1209. (Co-principal author) R Comment in: NEJM 1999; 341(4):288-290.
- Schindler MB, Cox PN, Bohn D, McCrindle BW, Jarvis A, Barker G, Edmonds J: Factors influencing outcome from out-of-hospital paediatric cardiopulmonary arrest. New Engl J Med 1996; 335:1473-1479.