The Department of Nutritional Sciences Alumni Association in collaboration with the Office of Advancement has run a mentorship program since 2012 to connect current DNS students and recent graduates with alumni.
The Goals of the Mentorship Program are:
- To connect with Nutritional Sciences professionals in an informal setting
- To learn more about different career paths and opportunities
- To connect with a mentor who can share their own experiences and provide advice
How it Works:
- Stay in touch with your mentor, at least 3–6 times during the academic year
- Prepare questions to discuss with your mentor
- Set goals, what you’d like to achieve and what you’d like to learn more about – e.g. work/life balance, different specialties, working abroad, etc.
For more information on the program and other mentorship programs through the Faculty of Medicine and the University of Toronto, please visit the Alumni Mentorship page.
Interested in Participating in the Mentorship Program?
For more information on the DNSAA Mentorship Program, please contact Malina Radu at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (437) 324-1272 with any questions. The application period for the 2021/22 Mentorship Program will open in Fall 2021; please stay tuned.
The DNS Mentorship Program is sponsored by University of Toronto Affinity Partner, Manulife.